For over 45 years, East Coast Security Systems, in Washington and Greenville, NC, has been building lasting relationships with home owners, businesses, educational facilities, industries and health care organizations throughout eastern North Carolina. Our primary services include the sale and 24-hour LOCAL monitoring of residential and commercial burglary and fire protection, security cameras and access control. We also offer a host of specialty services that cater to the unique needs of our clients.
Running outdoors has been a favorite pass time and form of exercise by many for years. However, those who run outside, especially those who run alone, put their safety at risk, whether it’s through an accident or an intentional abduction. Luckily, the Road Runners Club of America has put together some safety tips for runners:
- RRCA warns that runners should not wear headphones. These are commonly used by exercisers. However, they can prevent you from hearing an approaching vehicle or person.
- Run in areas that are well lit and populated, especially if you like to run at night. Not only will it make it easier for you to see where you are going, it will also make you feel safer about your surroundings.
- If you like to run in the early morning or evening, be sure to wear reflective material to make yourself visible to traffic.
- Run in areas that you are familiar with to avoid getting lost. Also, let others know where you are going running before you leave.
- Always be aware of traffic while running. That means that you should run against traffic and should look both ways before you cross any road.
For security systems that help you stay safe, give us a call at East Coast Security Systems in Washington, NC.