For over 45 years, East Coast Security Systems, in Washington and Greenville, NC, has been building lasting relationships with home owners, businesses, educational facilities, industries and health care organizations throughout eastern North Carolina.
Our primary services include the sale and 24-hour LOCAL monitoring of residential and commercial burglary and fire protection, security cameras and access control. We also offer a host of specialty services that cater to the unique needs of our clients.
Along with outdoor security cameras, good outdoor lighting is key for the safety of your home. Here is some outdoor lighting that we suggest you have:
- Lighting fixtures by any doors leading into the home
- Flood lighting to illuminate areas of the yard that are covered/hidden; motion-sensored lights are an option
- Solar lighting leading a path to your home
- Reflective lights at the end of your driveway; also, it’s a good idea to have reflective address numbers posted for emergency services
Here are a few other safety tips for your home’s exterior:
- Along with good lighting around the home, make sure that you keep shrubs and trees trimmed and maintained to eradicate possible hiding places for potential burglars.
- If you are away on vacation, ask a neighbor to pick up your mail and any newspapers, so that it’s not obvious to passersby that you are away.
- It’s also a great idea to clearly display a sign for your alarm system. This is often an instant deterrent for anyone scoping out your home.
- Break down boxes for any new products you bought (especially electronics). These boxes are like billboards for potential burglars to see what’s in the home.
For all of your home and business security system needs in eastern North Carolina, including Greenville, NC, contact us at East Coast Security Systems.